Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Morning Brew: Wednesday, 12/12

Posted By on Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 9:54 AM

click to enlarge www.amberjack.com
  • www.amberjack.com

www.amberjack.com

Diners at two St. Louis restaurants -- Blue Water Grill and Frazer's Restaurant and Lounge -- have fallen ill after eating amberjack. The disease is likely ciguatera. Both restaurants purchased the fish from Bob's Seafood, which purchased it from a Louisiana facility. (Post-Dispatch)

For more on ciguatera, click here. The basics, from the FDA:

Ciguatera is a form of human poisoning caused by the consumption of subtropical and tropical marine finfish which have accumulated naturally occurring toxins through their diet. The toxins are known to originate from several dinoflagellate (algae) species that are common to ciguatera endemic regions in the lower latitudes.

A movement to ensure healthy, organic food at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London. (BBC News)

-Ian Froeb

Tags: , ,

Best Things to Do In St. Louis

Newsletters

Never miss a beat

Sign Up Now

Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.

© 2016 Riverfront Times

Website powered by Foundation