The server "fail[ed] to explain the proper method of consuming an artichoke", namely that the "outside portion of the leaf should not be eaten; rather, only the inside portion of the leaf was safely digestible."At least he didn't order the lobster.
Carvajal suffered "severe abdominal pain and discomfort". He went to the hospital, where an "exploratory laparotomy" revealed artichoke leaves lodged within his bowel, he claims.
Among the alleged consequences of Carvajal eating an entire damn artichoke: "disability, disfigurement, mental anguish," and "loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life".
Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.