Everyone has a favorite "terrible restaurant experience" story to share. Thanks to social media, there are more forums in which to share that story than ever before.
However, the next time that you're preparing to sharpen your knives and post about crappy food or slow service on Yelp, Twitter or wherever, remember this story about a truly horrific restaurant accident from today's St. Petersburg Times. It should help keep things in perspective:
(h/t: Eater)A family preparing to enjoy a dessert of bananas Foster was burned, one of them severely, when the flaming dish splashed on them Saturday night at a restaurant.Two of them were rushed by helicopter to the hospital. The most badly wounded, a 25-year-old woman, suffered first- and second-degree burns when her dress caught fire.
Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.