Thursday, August 2, 2012
St. Louis Experienced Hottest July Ever, National Weather Service Confirms
By Chad Garrison
on Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 7:15 AM
the most miserable July ever in St. Louis.
According to the National Weather Service
, the average temperature last month was 88.1, eclipsing the old average record of 87.4 set back in July 1901. Last month also had the most days (eight) with a maximum temperature of more than 105 degrees, breaking the record that stood since July 1934 when St. Louis experienced seven such days.
Other weather highlights from last month's heat wave (that continues into August)...
- July 2012 had the third most number of days (fifteen) with a maximum temperature of at least 100 degrees.
- Last month had the third most number of days (22) for a July with temperatures at or over 95 degrees.
- July 2012 also had some of the hottest minimum temperatures ever recorded in July in St. Louis.
- It had the most days (two) with a minimum temperature of at least 85 and most days with a minimum temperature of 80 or higher.
- July 2012 was also the eighth driest July on record in St. Louis.
You weren't exaggerating. Last month