No people or humans were hurt when a Kettle Corn snack stand at the Saint Louis Zoo caught fire Monday afternoon.
St. Louis Fire Department firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze, which Gregg Favre, the Command Staff Officer for the fire department, said was fueled by propane.
The zoo was not evacuated, but zoo employees blocked off the area near the south entrance where the refreshment stand is located. Families trying to enter the zoo from the south parking lot had to wait until officials gave the all-clear, but people at the north entrance were able to enter and exit as normal.
The fire severely damaged the stand.And since no one and nothing was hurt, it was easy to have a little chuckle over the whole thing:
fire at st louis zoo. kettle corn burns. patrons try to figure out how to tell the difference— pooɥpןıɥɔ (@ctrauma) June 9, 2014
There's a fire at the zoo! Operation "Noah's Ark" now in effect. Load two of every animal onto the nearest metro link bus. #stlzoo— Justin (@Jkral87) June 9, 2014
Not any more, Chris Davis. Not anymore.
Are you on fire? @stlzoo— Chris Davis (@daviscp1) June 9, 2014
Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.