After mucking about for months in the foul odors and floods of the River des Peres, city engineer W.W. Horner dried his boots and prepared a book-length report, complete with drawings and sepia photos, outlining the necessary improvements. He attached a cover letter, dated Dec. 16, 1916, to the Hon. E.R. Kinsey, president of the St. Louis Board... More >>>
By Jennifer Silverberg
Along the back edge of Willmore Park in St. Louis Hills, joggers hungry for open spaces run alongside the wide, barren channel.