Watching your wallet? Today and tomorrow are your lucky days. First, today, right at this moment, you can get 2-for-1 tickets for the following Old Rock House shows, in a promotion the venue is dubbing 2-for-1 First Thursday:
Friday, August 6: Bettye LaVette - $32.50
Friday, August 13: We A ... More >>
(New albums are typically released on Tuesdays, i.e., today. What
can you spend your hard-earned pennies on this week? Find out below.)
blogs.westword.com3OH!3's Streets of Gold*3OH!3, Streets Of Gold
Ke$ha joins the neon-pop group on its latest release. Stream that track and the rest of the ... More >>
As always: The denotes a local release, * means the band is coming to town.
1. Caribou, Swim*
2. MGMT, Congratulations
3. Roky Erickson and Okkervil River, True Love Cast Out All Evil
4. Rufus Wainwright, All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu
5. Jonsi, Go
6. Jeff Beck, Emotions ... More >>
* denotes a band coming to town; signifies a local band
1. Broken Bells - Broken Bells
2. Jimi Hendrix - Valleys Of Neptune
3. She & Him - Vol 2.
4. Gorillaz - Plastic Beach
5. Johnny Cash - Ain't No Grave
6. Rogue Wave - Permalight
7. Fright ... More >>
As always, the asterisk (*) after an album indicates that the artist is coming to town. A plus-sign ( ) indicates local.
1. She & Him - Vol 2.
2. Johnny Cash - Ain't No Grave
3. Goldfrapp - Headfirst
4. Jimi Hendrix - Valleys Of Neptune
5. Carolina Chocolate Drops - Genuine ... More >>
Vintage Vinyl just released its list of best-selling LPs and CDs of 2008. (Physical product? Remember that?) Interesting to see how many local releases -- and how much hip-hop/R&B/rap -- is on the CD list, while how much old (and new) indie rock is on the LP list. Looks like you kids are downloa ... More >>