There's still time!
Tech N9ne is the only rapper on the 2013 Forbes Hip-Hop Cash Kings list who wears face paint and has performed at the Gathering of the Juggalos six times. After raking in an impressive $7.5 million over the past twelve months, the Kansas City native appears on the list in between Swizz Beatz and 50 ... More >>
I remember in the sixth grade when we were all arbitrarily assigned instruments to learn. It was hell for broke parents who were now forced to buy or rent instruments they knew were just going to collect dust in a broom closet. And it was hell for us kids, as when you are a young boy, everything aro ... More >>
Last May, the Archdiocese of St. Louis and Catholic Charities went up against the United States government with a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of a health care contraception mandate -- and this week, a federal judge decided to dismiss the case. But the battle is not over. So say offic ... More >>
"Have you done some time in prison?" asks Raynell Brandon, talking like an infomercial narrator to his fellow inmates at the Missouri Eastern Correctional Center in Pacific. "Having trouble adjusting to society? Solve all of your problems with our new spray, De-Institutionalize Plus! It works in s ... More >>
Michael J. Ford (left) and Antoine Barton were charged last week with murder and armed criminal action.Two months after the fact, authorities believe they've finally cracked the murder of 22-year-old Calvin Ross. Ross was found July 6 shot to death in an alley in north St. Louis.
(New albums are typically released on Tuesdays, i.e., today. What can you spend your hard-earned pennies on this week? Find out below.) Acid House Kings' Music Sounds Better With You*Acid House Kings, Music Sounds Better With You TheLineofBestFit reviewed Music Sounds Better With You: "This ... More >>
PT Cruisers: So inviting. An update to the story we first brought you Tuesday. Twenty-one-year-old Isaiah Ross of East St. Louis was charged yesterday with armed robbery, aggravated batter and aggravated discharge of a firearm after a rampage October 12.The craziness began before dawn Wednesday i ... More >>
* = coming to town, = local Vintage Vinyl 1. ICE CUBE---I Am The West 2. GUCCI MANE---The Appeal: Georgia's Most Wanted 3. TREY SONGZ---Passion, Pain & Pleasure 4. BAD RELIGION---Dissent Of Man 5. JOHN LEGEND & THE ROOTS---Wake Up!
* = coming to town, = local Vintage Vinyl 1. DEAD CONFEDERATE---Sugar 2. MARGOT & THE NUCLEAR SO & SO'S---Buzzard* 3. KEM---Intimacy 4. WALKMEN---Lisbon* 5. SANTANA---Guitar Heaven: The Greatest Guitar Classics Of All Time
* = coming to town, = local Euclid Records 1. JJ Grey & Mofro - Georgia Warhorse* 2. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs 3. Eels - Tomorrow Morning 4. Black Crowes - Croweology 5. Black Keys - Brothers 6. Best Coast - Crazy For You* 7. Ra Ra Riot - The Orchard 8. Jimmie Vaughan - Plays Blue ... More >>
* = coming to town, = local Euclid Records 1. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs 2. Black Crowes - Croweology* 3. Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More 4. Black Keys - Brothers 5. Wolf Parade - Expo 86* 6. Jack Johnson - To The Sea 7. Tom Petty - Mojo 8. Devo - Something For Everybody 9. Sher ... More >>
* = coming to town, = local Vintage Vinyl 1. ARCADE FIRE---Suburbs 2. BLACK CROWES---Croweology* 3. RICK ROSS---Teflon Don 4. EMINEM---Recovery 5. BUN B---Trill O.G. 6. GOV'T MULE---Mulennium 7. LOS LOBOS---Tin Can Rust 8. MENOMENA---Mines* 9. ROOTS---How I Got Over 10. DRAKE---Thank Me Lat ... More >>
* = coming to town, = local Euclid Records 1. Best Coast - Crazy For You* 2. Black Keys - Brothers 3. Devo - Something For Everybody 4. Menomena - Mines* 5. Alejandro Escovedo - Street Songs Of Love* 6. Mark Olson - Many Colored Kite* 7. Tom Petty - Mojo 8. Robert Randolph - We Walk ... More >>
Finally!Last night's "Contender" featured a great match-up, a more technically attractive bout than any before, and a hot-damn-holy-SHIT-he's-DOWN knock-out.Here's the deal: With three fights left in Round 1, the gold team was ahead, 3-2, going into this episode. Our town's Ryan Coyne, of the blue t ... More >>
Ross Gay finds the world beautiful
7 p.m. Sunday, July 8. Scottrade Center, 1401 Clark Avenue.
The Antidote (Echo)
Dennis Brown and Deanna Jent suss out local theater
Stray Dog's Elephant does right by its protagonist
Week of December 8, 2004
Bad timing and institutional racism kept Gary Jackson out of pro wrestling's spotlight. But he's got St. Louis in a hammer lock.
The Rep doesn't get The Goat
Week of September 10, 2003
Cars & Guitars benefits Ronald McDonald House
Week of June 25, 2003
Week of June 11, 2003
The Shakespeare Festival works hard to nail Macbeth but misses the mark
Week of May 28, 2003
Week of May 14, 2003
Week of May 7, 2003
Week of April 16, 2003
NBC hopes Coupling is its next hitcom, which bugs the show's biggest fans
Week of March 27, 2002
Week of February 13, 2002
Two new plays explore race relations
By Jeff Baron (New Jewish Theatre)
Madco takes a swing at the Cinderella story in a new ballet
The Internet is changing distance learning -- and higher education