There's a lot of bad music out there. There are always people debating genres like contemporary country & Western and top 40 music, but at the end of the day, the most reviled and defenseless genre of all is nu-metal. Too whiny to be intimidating and too dumb to be complimented on its wimpiness, nu- ... More >>
Built to withstand the elements, sadly.After seeing that dramatic footage of the roof collapsing yesterday at the Minneapolis Metrodome, you know what was racing through the mind of Rams' owner Stan Kroenke: How can we make that happen in St. Louis? Just think about it for a second. A natural dis ... More >>
Although this time of year is usually slow for concerts, early 2011 is finally starting to pick up steam, starting with the Rick Ross headlining gig at the Chaifetz Arena on Monday, January 17. Dubbed the "Saint Louis: State of Emergency" concert, the lineup also includes Waka Flocka, Lloyd ... More >>
* = coming to town, = local Vintage Vinyl 1. LIL WAYNE---I Am Not A Human Being 2. TREY SONGZ---Passion, Pain & Pleasure 3. WAKA FLOCKA FLAME---Flockavelli 4. BLACK ANGELS---Phosphene Dream 5. CHUCK BERRY---Definitive Collection
* = coming to town, = local Vintage Vinyl 1. ICE CUBE---I Am The West 2. GUCCI MANE---The Appeal: Georgia's Most Wanted 3. TREY SONGZ---Passion, Pain & Pleasure 4. BAD RELIGION---Dissent Of Man 5. JOHN LEGEND & THE ROOTS---Wake Up!
* = coming to town, = local Vintage Vinyl 1. DEAD CONFEDERATE---Sugar 2. MARGOT & THE NUCLEAR SO & SO'S---Buzzard* 3. KEM---Intimacy 4. WALKMEN---Lisbon* 5. SANTANA---Guitar Heaven: The Greatest Guitar Classics Of All Time
* = coming to town, = local Euclid Records 1. JJ Grey & Mofro - Georgia Warhorse* 2. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs 3. Eels - Tomorrow Morning 4. Black Crowes - Croweology 5. Black Keys - Brothers 6. Best Coast - Crazy For You* 7. Ra Ra Riot - The Orchard 8. Jimmie Vaughan - Plays Blue ... More >>
* = coming to town, = local Euclid Records 1. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs 2. Black Crowes - Croweology* 3. Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More 4. Black Keys - Brothers 5. Wolf Parade - Expo 86* 6. Jack Johnson - To The Sea 7. Tom Petty - Mojo 8. Devo - Something For Everybody 9. Sher ... More >>
* = coming to town, = local Vintage Vinyl 1. ARCADE FIRE---Suburbs 2. BLACK CROWES---Croweology* 3. RICK ROSS---Teflon Don 4. EMINEM---Recovery 5. BUN B---Trill O.G. 6. GOV'T MULE---Mulennium 7. LOS LOBOS---Tin Can Rust 8. MENOMENA---Mines* 9. ROOTS---How I Got Over 10. DRAKE---Thank Me Lat ... More >>
* = coming to town, = local Euclid Records 1. Best Coast - Crazy For You* 2. Black Keys - Brothers 3. Devo - Something For Everybody 4. Menomena - Mines* 5. Alejandro Escovedo - Street Songs Of Love* 6. Mark Olson - Many Colored Kite* 7. Tom Petty - Mojo 8. Robert Randolph - We Walk ... More >>
= local, * = coming to town Rick Ross is the Teflon DonVintage Vinyl 1. Rick Ross -- Teflon Don 2. The Roots -- How I Got Over 3. M.I.A. -- Maya 4. Eminem -- Recovery 5. Curren$y -- Pilot Talk 6. Black Keys -- Brothers 7. Trip Daddys -- Roll On! 8. Kentucky Knife Fight -- We're All Namele ... More >>
(New albums are typically released on Tuesdays, i.e., today. What can you spend your hard-earned pennies on this week? Find out below.) Rocksteady*Big Head Todd And The Monsters, Rocksteady Todd Park Mohr, vocalist and guitarist for Big Head Todd and the Monsters, said of the new album: "We ... More >>
:Bringing smarty back, Nancy Drew returns for another generation of young consumers.
Your reviews of the Riverfront Times Music Showcase
James Lapine gets Into the Woods
MCs get ready to spit lyrics at the president
Clinical drug trials offer good money, comfy dorms -- and sometimes even a free buzz. But beware: They're gonna suck your blood like Dracula.
It's not about bling to the hip-hoppers of STL Underdog
The Roots roll into town with their earth-toned "Okay Player" show
When a nightclub switched to hip-hop, Laclede's Landing and the city clamped down. The fans don't fit in with the plans.