This week, RFT announces the winners of this year's Best Of St. Louis issue. To celebrate - and give a break from the local overload to ensue - here are the six best "Best Of" albums, plus a few bonus picks at the end. Let us know your favorites in the comments, and we'll put the comment in our vaul ... More >>
Moonface with Sinaii | La Big Vic The Luminary Center for the Arts June 24, 2012 The last time Spencer Krug came to St. Louis, he had one musician in tow and they played some songs from the then-recently-released Organ Music Not Vibraphone Like I'd Hoped. And here is your inevitable retread of his ... More >>
Moonface, the current recording moniker of Wolf Parade/Frog Eyes/Sunset Rubdown genius Spencer Krug, is coming to the Firebird on October 25th. Fans of the weird, the dreamy and the colossal in music, get excited. Krug has two releases as Moonface, and their titles are instructive: Dreamland ... More >>
7 p.m. Wednesday, August 24. Off Broadway, 3509 Lemp Avenue.
Handsome Furs. Now that Wolf Parade is dunzo, Dan Boeckner can focus on Atlas Strategic and Handsome Furs, you'll find the latter duo, Boeckner and wife Alexei Perry, at Off Broadway August 24. Irish crooner Nigel Mooney has two dates at the Missouri Botanical Gardens this month--see him Ju ... More >>
Todd OwyoungWolf Parade at the Pageant, November 20, 2010Let's be honest: Wolf Parade's latest album, Expo 86, doesn't quite pack the punch of its predecessors, Apologies to the Queen Mary and At Mount Zoomer. It has all the ingredients of the band's recipe for sonic success: Spencer Krug's ... More >>
Mia KirbyWarpaint.Music info here. More music below. Pre-Thanksgiving cramming: It's on. Friday: Beth Bombara's CD Release Show @ Off Broadway Read Christian Schaeffer's review of Bombara's new album, Wish I Were You, here. Dropkick the Robot and Old Lights are also playing. Patrons get a fr ... More >>
* = coming to town, = local Vintage Vinyl 1. LIL WAYNE---I Am Not A Human Being 2. TREY SONGZ---Passion, Pain & Pleasure 3. WAKA FLOCKA FLAME---Flockavelli 4. BLACK ANGELS---Phosphene Dream 5. CHUCK BERRY---Definitive Collection
* = coming to town, = local Euclid Records 1. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs 2. Black Crowes - Croweology* 3. Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More 4. Black Keys - Brothers 5. Wolf Parade - Expo 86* 6. Jack Johnson - To The Sea 7. Tom Petty - Mojo 8. Devo - Something For Everybody 9. Sher ... More >>
Canadian near-supergroup Wolf Parade play The Pageant on November 20. Billiken Club *Anais Mitchell, September 9 *Callers, October 25 *Field Music, October 2 *Light Pollution, October 4 *Sarah Jaffe, September 2 *Times New Viking, October 14 Cicero's *Dirt Daubers, September 9 Family Are ... More >>
* = coming to town, = local Vintage Vinyl 1. ARCADE FIRE---Suburbs 2. BLACK CROWES---Croweology* 3. RICK ROSS---Teflon Don 4. EMINEM---Recovery 5. BUN B---Trill O.G. 6. GOV'T MULE---Mulennium 7. LOS LOBOS---Tin Can Rust 8. MENOMENA---Mines* 9. ROOTS---How I Got Over 10. DRAKE---Thank Me Lat ... More >>
Wolf Parade very quietly just announced a show at the Pageant on Saturday, November 20. Tickets are on sale tomorrow at 5 p.m. and are $15 ($18 day of show if you decide to wait). The group's latest, Expo 86, might be its best record; it's a distillation of fractured electro and grinding paranoia. ... More >>
= local, * = coming to town Rick Ross is the Teflon DonVintage Vinyl 1. Rick Ross -- Teflon Don 2. The Roots -- How I Got Over 3. M.I.A. -- Maya 4. Eminem -- Recovery 5. Curren$y -- Pilot Talk 6. Black Keys -- Brothers 7. Trip Daddys -- Roll On! 8. Kentucky Knife Fight -- We're All Namele ... More >>
* = coming to town, = local Euclid Records 1. M.I.A. - Maya 2. Tom Petty - Mojo 3. Derek Trucks Band - Roadsongs 4. Black Keys - Brothers 5. Devo - Something For Everybody 6. Wolf Parade - Expo 86 7. Rolling Stones - Exile On Main St. 8. Steve Miller Band - Bingo 9. ... More >>
* = coming to town, = local Robert Randolph and the Family Band will play the Pageant Friday, July 16Vintage Vinyl 1. Big Boi -- Sir Lucious Left Foot. The Son Of Chico Dusty 2. Roots -- How I Got Over 3. Eminem -- Recovery 4. Drake -- Thank Me Later 5. Black Keys -- Brothers 6. Ratatat -- ... More >>
= local, * = coming to town Wolf Parade's latest album, Expo 86 Euclid Records 1. Wolf Parade -- Expo 86 2. Black Keys -- Brothers 3. Rolling Stones -- Exile on Main St. 4. Robert Randolph & the Family Band -- We Walk This Road 5. Band of Horses -- Infinite Arms 6. ... More >>
(New albums are typically released on Tuesdays, i.e., today. What can you spend your hard-earned pennies on this week? Find out below.) blogs.westword.com3OH!3's Streets of Gold*3OH!3, Streets Of Gold Ke$ha joins the neon-pop group on its latest release. Stream that track and the rest of the ... More >>
8 p.m. Saturday, June 26. The Luminary Center for the Arts, 4900 Reber Place.
REVIEW BY MATTHEW JACKSON "I've heard of creatures who eat their babies, I wonder if they stop to think about the taste," Spencer Krug sang on Wednesday night at a semi-crowded Off-Broadway. The song, "Us Ones in Between," was the last in a show that stacked up a series of tangled and tense compo ... More >>
8:30 p.m. Wednesday, October 21. Off Broadway, 3509 Lemp Avenue.
8:30 p.m. Saturday, November 8. The Gargoyle, on the campus of Washington University at Forsyth and Skinker boulevards.
8 p.m. Wednesday, March 19 . Off Broadway, 3509 Lemp Avenue
The 2007 RFT Music Awards winners are here!
8 p.m. Saturday, October 14. Saint Louis University's Billiken Club (Busch Student Center, 20 North Grand Boulevard).
2005's best and brightest albums
Ten albums that make it easy to avoid fretting about your old-fashioned, Rockist ways
Apologies to the Queen Mary (Sub Pop)