Henry Shaw gave the citizens of St. Louis the grand pleasure park, known as Tower Grove Park, in 1868. The park is home to softball, soccer, tennis, corkball and frisbee games, as well as to the strollers, joggers and picnickers who revel in the fanciful Victorian pavilions and sculptures Shaw commissioned -- and in the more than 8,000 trees and shrubs he imported from around the world.

Related Stories

Map

Nearby

Friends

Become a Friend

© 2016 Riverfront Times

Website powered by Foundation