A Date with Danny

Share on Nextdoor
As anyone who's ever been on even one first date can attest, it's remarkably rough out there in the piranha-infested dating pool. Every bar is chock-full of game players, who are incapable of emotion beyond that of a grasshopper, and intolerable pity partiers, the kind who are unable to spot a true connection even if it spilled a drink in their face. The whole scene is a bad breakup waiting to happen for about 98 percent of the people there. But for the other 2 percent, magic can materialize. Sure, it might not be all romance and fireworks, flowers and candlelit dinners, but it could just be something real, and that's what counts. Roberta and Danny met at a bar, and they certainly weren't expecting anything at all. He's violent and angry; she's divorced and leery of men, yet these two actually hit it off and spent the night together. What came with the morning sun? Rise and shine and see as the NonProphet Theater Company presents John Patrick Shanley's Danny and the Deep Blue Sea at 8 p.m. Thursday through Saturday and 5 p.m. Sunday (June 23 through July 3) at the Regional Arts Commission (6128 Delmar Boulevard); please note that the Saturday, June 25, performance has been moved to 5 p.m. Tickets cost less than your typical bar tab — $15 to $20, available through www.nptco.org.
Thursdays-Sundays. Starts: June 23. Continues through July 3, 2011
Scroll to read more Arts Stories & Interviews articles (1)


Join Riverfront Times Newsletters

Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.