Fire Strikes Mathew's Kitchen

Firefighters responded early this morning to Mathew's Kitchen (5625 Hampton Avenue; 314-351-1700), a new restaurant in the St. Louis Hills neighborhood of south city, according to multiple media reports.

KMOV reports that the cause of the fire was towels left in a dryer overnight. Both KMOV and KSDK report that there were no injuries, and that firefighters contained the blaze quickly.

No word on damages yet. I have a call into owner and chef Mathew Unger. More as I learn it.

Scroll to read more Food & Drink News articles (1)

Newsletters

Join Riverfront Times Newsletters

Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.