Grabbing dinner before curtain call at the Fox Theatre (527 North Grand Boulevard, 314-535-1700) just got a lot more fun.
Beginning Sunday, October 13, Grand Tavern by David Burke (626 North Grand Boulevard, 314-405-3399), located inside in the Angad Arts Hotel in Grand Center will host themed dining experiences inspired by the fourteen shows in the 2019-2020 season.
Themed around shows like Rent, Wicked and Jersey Boys, the season kicks off with Hello, Dolly!, for which Grand Tavern will serve a menu featuring a Waldorf salad, choice of chicken fricassee pot pie or roast beef with béarnaise and an opera cake to finish.
“We received great feedback around the launch of our pre-theater offering in the spring and wanted to find a way to build on that excitement and incorporate a unique element to make it that much more special for local theater-goers,” said executive chef Robert Cantu in a recent release. “These performances allow guests to step out of their reality and into those of each performer, so we have curated theatrical menus to make our guests feel like they are a part of the performance. Each menu is unique and carries a special connection to the show.”
Here's the complete lineup for the 2019-2020 season, including run dates:
- Hello, Dolly! Tuesday, October 1 through Sunday, October 13
- Escape to Margaritaville Friday, October 18 through Sunday, October 20
- Dear Evan Hansen Tuesday, October 22 through Sunday, November 3
- Stomp Friday, November 15 through Sunday, November 17
- Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker Wednesday, November 20 through Thursday, November 21
- Cirque Dreams Holidaze Friday, November 29 through Saturday, November 30
- Wicked Wednesday, December 4 through Sunday, December 29
- Summer: The Donna Summer Musical Wednesday, January 15 through Sunday, January 26
- Jersey Boys Thursday, January 30 through Sunday, February 2
- Riverdance Friday, February 14 through Sunday, February 16
- Rent Friday, February 21 through Sunday, February 23
- The Band’s Visit Tuesday, February 25 through Sunday, March 8
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Tuesday, March 17 through Sunday, March 29
- Cats Tuesday, April 7 through Sunday, April 19
The musical-inspired dinners will begin at 5 p.m. and be offered throughout the run of each show. For $42 per person, each dinner offers diners a first act, second act and sweet finale, with wine pairings available for an extra $12. All pre-theater menus will be available on Grand Tavern’s website ahead of each run.