The onion soup at Brasserie by Niche
All month Gut Check has been counting down our favorite St. Louis soups in honor of National Soup Month. If these fifteen standouts still aren't enough to sate your soup appetite, my 100 Favorite St. Louis Dishes features nine soups and stews for you to try. The list is after the jump.
- The hot-and-sour noodles at Joy Luck Buffet (8030 Manchester Road; Brentwood; 314-645-9982)
- Tom yum gai at Pearl Café (8416 North Lindbergh Boulevard; 314-831-3701)
- Oxtail stew at De Palm Tree (8631 Olive Boulevard, University City; 314-432-5171)
- Pho at Pho Long (8629 Olive Boulevard; 314-997-1218)
- Gumbo at The Gumbo Shop (9501 Manchester Road, Rock Hill; 314-918-8747)
* Note: The Gumbo Shop has changed owners since I last visited.
The birria (goat stew) at Pueblo Nuevo
- Birria at Pueblo Nuevo (7401 North Lindbergh Boulevard, Hazelwood; 314-831-6885)
- Lobster bisque at Café Ventana (3919 West Pine Boulevard; 314-531-7500)
- Onion soup at Brasserie by Niche (4580 Laclede Avenue; 314-454-0600)
- Hot & sour soup at Shu Feng Restaurant (8435 Olive Boulevard, University City; 314-983-0099)