Support Local Journalism. Join Riverfront Times Press Club.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Fire Strikes Mathew's Kitchen

Posted By on Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 9:00 AM

click to enlarge IAN FROEB
  • Ian Froeb
Firefighters responded early this morning to Mathew's Kitchen (5625 Hampton Avenue; 314-351-1700), a new restaurant in the St. Louis Hills neighborhood of south city, according to multiple media reports.

KMOV reports that the cause of the fire was towels left in a dryer overnight. Both KMOV and KSDK report that there were no injuries, and that firefighters contained the blaze quickly.

No word on damages yet. I have a call into owner and chef Mathew Unger. More as I learn it.

Tags: , ,

Support Local Journalism.
Join the Riverfront Times Press Club

Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.

Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.

Join the Riverfront Times Club for as little as $5 a month.

Read the Digital Print Issue

June 16, 2021

View more issues

Newsletters

Never miss a beat

Sign Up Now

Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.

Best Things to Do In St. Louis

© 2021 Riverfront Times

Website powered by Foundation