If there's one thing Stephen Colbert's good at, it's taking huge stories and events and finding a connection to his very favorite thing: Himself. Whether it's a pseudo political campaign, a feigned interest in art, an obsession with his visage on an ice cream pint or a birthday celebration for the big J.C., our second favorite Comedy Central news anchor/perpetual one-upper wants to be the star of everything. And when Colbert throws his hat into the ring, he plays to win -- he even has a Grammy under his belt.
This week, Colbert's dipping his toes in the music festival business with "Dr Pepper Presents StePhest Colbchella '11: Rock You Like A Thirst-icane." Basically, this week's episodes feature huge musical guests, starting with Bon Iver.
This shouldn't come as too much of a surprise, as Colbert's been known to bust out some tunes (and moves) himself.To celebrate the "festival," A to Z compiled our 10 favorite Stephen Colbert musical moments.
10. Duet with Steve Carell for the Night of Too Many Stars It's always fun to watch Carell and Colbert together, but Jon Stewart is the icing on the funny dude cake.
9. "May I Interest You In Hannukah?" with Jon Stewart. Stewart timidly pimping Hannukah is precious enough, but the sweaters? Oh, the sweaters.
8. Strangers With Candy While he's known to show off his pipes, it's not every day that we get to see those moves, too.
7. Colbert helped Steve Carell salute Steve Carell. Finally -- an ego of equal proportion.
6. Singing "Cheap Reward" for Elvis Costello. When pal Elvis Costello showed up at the Colbert Report having lost his voice, Colbert sang for him.