Lecourtney Luckett, 32, Released From Prison, Allegedly Beats, Rapes Ex-Girlfriend Same Day

Share on Nextdoor
click to enlarge Lecourtney Luckett - East St. Louis Police Department
East St. Louis Police Department
Lecourtney Luckett

Soon after Lecourtney Luckett, 32, was released from prison -- completing a three-year sentence -- he went to the house of his ex-girlfriend, forced his way in, beat her and raped her. At least these are the charges that the East St. Louis Police Department have brought against Luckett, who found himself once again incarcerated on the very same day he was discharged.

This time, he may be behind bars for a lot more than three years.

"He's gonna be gone for a long time now," East St. Louis Police Chief Michael Floore tells Daily RFT. "It's just that simple."

Floore tells us that Luckett was released from Menard correctional facility in Southern Illinois on January 25, after serving a three-year sentence for aggravated home robbery.

"They apparently put him on the bus...and he comes straight back to East St. Louis, goes to his ex-girlfriend's...and apparently gets into a confrontation with her, at which time he forced himself into her residence," Floore says, adding that Luckett had reportedly learned that she had a new boyfriend. "He was outraged about it."

Once he was inside, he is alleged to have physically assaulted her and then raped her, Floore says.

Menard Correctional Facility where Luckett was originally incarcerated. - via
Menard Correctional Facility where Luckett was originally incarcerated.

Shortly thereafter, the current boyfriend of his ex-girlfriend came home and they alerted authorities. After a short police chase, Luckett was arrested -- on the same day that he had been released.

See Also: - Cable Guy Returns to Customer's House to Rape Her, But Cops Interrupt Him - East St. Louis Police Chief Michael Floore Wants Stricter Security, Arrests At Food Stamp Office

He now faces charges of home invasion and criminal, sexual assault with force, Floore says.

His bail was set at $500,000 and he is currently being held in St. Clair County Jail.

Send us tips and feedback. Follow Sam Levin on Twitter at @SamTLevin.

More from our Crime archive: "Video: St. Louis Alderman Antonio French Records Man Repeatedly Stealing Yard Signs"

Scroll to read more St. Louis Metro News articles (1)


Join Riverfront Times Newsletters

Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.