Support Local Journalism. Join Riverfront Times Press Club.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Rams Get Saved by Illinois Businessman Shahid Khan

Posted By on Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 7:06 AM

Bernie Miklasz of the Post-Dispatch scooped everyone late last night with the big news that Shahid Khan, an Urbana, Illinois-based businessman, is the new owner of the St. Louis Rams.

With the ownership question answered, can the Rams returning to their winning ways?
  • With the ownership question answered, can the Rams returning to their winning ways?
Khan is president of Flex-N-Gate, an Urbana-based corporation that fabricates plastic and metal auto parts. The company made $2 billion in revenue last year, after rapid growth in the 1990s and 2000s. It operates more than 50 facilities worldwide and was listed as Number 155 on Forbes magazine's list of America's largest privately held companies.

Best news for Rams fans might be this line in the Post-Dispatch story...

click to enlarge rams_staying_ins_stl_maybe.png
click to enlarge Shahid Khan - IMAGE VIA
The businessman would control 60 percent of the team, currently owned by brother-and-sister Chip Rosenblum and Lucia Rodriguez. Stan Kroenke owns the other 40 percent, but cannot own a majority as he has stakes in other professional sports franchises.

With the Rams' absolutely woeful play as of late, fans online have already begun chiming in with shouts of "Khaaaaaan!" a la Star Trek.

Tags: , ,

Support Local Journalism.
Join the Riverfront Times Press Club

Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.

Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.

Join the Riverfront Times Club for as little as $5 a month.

Read the Digital Print Issue

October 20, 2021

View more issues


Never miss a beat

Sign Up Now

Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.

Best Things to Do In St. Louis

© 2021 Riverfront Times

Website powered by Foundation