Support Local Journalism. Join Riverfront Times Press Club.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

St. Louis Police: Man Arrested for Attacking Another Man with Microwave Oven

Posted By on Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 9:46 AM


Today, in St. Louis assault cases with very strange weapons, we draw your attention to an item from the metro police blotter about two men who got into some sort of disagreement that quickly became violent.

Police say that a 43-year-old man stabbed a a 36-year-old man in the forehead with a knife. This 36-year-old man, cops say, was "enraged." He got violent, too, and fought back.

With a microwave oven.

Both men were arrested.

The incident happened on the 3300 block of Virginia Avenue in the Benton Park West neighborhood. Police say when they arrived late Sunday evening, they found the 36-year-old man suffering from a stab wound in his head.

The 46-year-old man told cops that they were "arguing over personal matters" when the other suspect grabbed the microwave open and smashed it over his head. The victim of the microwave oven attack suffered "a large laceration to the head."

After explaining that he had been stabbed in the forehead with a knife, this suspect refused to give police further details, the report says.

click to enlarge Virginia Avenue. - VIA GOOGLE MAPS
  • via Google Maps
  • Virginia Avenue.

Both were taken to the hospital in serious condition where police eventually determined they were "fit for confinement" and arrested them.

It's unclear how the two knew each other. They may both face domestic-assault charges for the injuries they caused.

Here's the full report from SLMPD.

Incident: Domestic Assault 1st (Cutting)/Assault 2nd
Location: 3300 block of Virginia
Date/Time: 8/18/13 @ 23:20
Victim/Suspect #1: 36-year old black male
Victim/Suspect #2: 43-year old white male
Officers responded to the above location for a fight. Upon arrival, they observed Victim/Suspect #1 suffering from a stab wound to his head. Victim/Suspect #1 advised that he and Victim/Suspect #2 were fighting when Victim/Suspect #2 stabbed him in the forehead with a knife. Victim/Suspect #1 refused further questioning. Victim/Suspect #2 advised that they were arguing over personal matters when Victim/Suspect #1 became enraged and struck him in the head with a microwave oven. Victim/Suspect #2 sustained a large laceration to the head. Both parties were conveyed to local hospitals and listed in serious/stable condition. Both parties were determined fit for confinement and arrested. The investigation is ongoing.

Send feedback and tips to the author. Follow Sam Levin on Twitter at @SamTLevin.

Tags: , ,

Support Local Journalism.
Join the Riverfront Times Press Club

Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.

Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.

Join the Riverfront Times Club for as little as $5 a month.

Read the Digital Print Issue

June 16, 2021

View more issues


Never miss a beat

Sign Up Now

Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.

Best Things to Do In St. Louis

© 2021 Riverfront Times

Website powered by Foundation