Update: Only three days left to enter, and we wanted to broaden our parameters to include your most over-the-top collections of Cardinals gear or memorabilia, the Cardinals-themed paint-job on your car -- whatever out-there Redbird love you have to share, it could win you two tickets to opening day.
There's only a month to go before the St. Louis Cardinals take the field at Busch Stadium for their home opener, and Daily RFT is ready to start the countdown!
As STL gets ready to welcome the boys of summer back home, Daily RFT wants to hear from die-hard Cardinals fans about the superstitions, good-luck charms and routines they use to help the Redbirds stay on a hot streak.
Do you wear a gold thong to games (like Jason Giambi used to)? Do you refuse to bathe, shave or brush your teeth during the playoffs because you think it'll send the Cardinals into a slump? Do you carry a good-luck charm, like a lucky T-shirt, a rabbit's foot, an autographed ball or the severed toe of a former Chicago Cub? Do you sleep with your Jon Hamm bobblehead under your pillow? Do you perform the macarena or the cha cha slide or an exorcism before entering Busch Stadium?
We want to hear about it. Your batshit-crazy ritual could win you two tickets to this season's opener on April 13.
Daily RFT plans to highlight several of the most dedicated and bizarre superstitions St. Louis Cardinals fans hold close in a special Opening Day section for the Riverfront Times. But if your superstition is selected as the strangest/coolest/most die-hard of them all, RFT will give you two tickets to the Cardinals home opening game against the Milwaukee Brewers.
Here's how to enter:
1. Send an email to RFT managing editor Jessica Lussenhop: [email protected]
2. Write "Cardinals Contest" in the subject line.
3. Tell us your St. Louis Cardinals superstition! While we certainly can appreciate some artful embellishment, we are looking for TRUE stories. We may interview you by phone or even come photograph your collection of Yadier Molina's toenail clippings. So...
4. Please include an email address or phone number where we can reach you.
5. Submissions are due by Friday, March 27. Don't delay!
Good luck, Cardinals fans.
(Employees of the Riverfront Times are not eligible.)