- #1 Best comprehensive & Overall best Adderall alternatives: Mind Lab Pro and Brain Pill
- #2 Most side-effects free and safe to consume daily Adderall alternative: Performance Lab Mind and Qualia Mind caffeine free
- #3 Best value for money: BulkSupplements individual nootropic ingredients– eg. Phenylethylamine, Alpha GPC, Reishi mushroom, Lion’s Mane (Use coupon save5 on BulkSupplements)
- #4 Best customizable nootropic stacks for different goals : Performance Lab Mind Stacks (combine Performance Lab Mind with Energy or MCT oil or Sleep or Stim or Sport Pre)
A fast paced, vibrant world calls for sharp and vigilant people, who are high on performance! What if, you're not in a position to compete, although you put in your best? The answer doesn't nearly always lie in a risky stimulant like Adderall or Ritalin.
Currently, Mind Lab Pro and Brain Pill seem to be leading the race among the natural nootropics/smart pills brands and as over the counter Adderall/Ritalin alternatives.
List of top 7 best Adderall alternatives/nootropics/brain supplements/smart pills
A number of companies now market nootropic “stacks,” or formulas, some of which include piracetam, herbal remedies, amino acids and citicoline, a naturally occurring brain chemical that can be taken orally as a supplement or a drink.
Because they are sold as nutritional supplements and natural products that refrain from making health claims or mental performance claims, they avoid close government scrutiny.
However, if you decide to venture out in your journey of Adderall alternatives, nootropics, the following are your best bets-
1. Mind Lab Pro
REVIEW: For those that are looking for something to help improve short and long term memory, focus, motivation as well as slowing cognitive decline, Mind Lab Pro is the right choice for you.
However, it is also one comprehensive formula that is increasingly getting used by & recommended for students, investment bankers, traders, stock markets professionals, athletes, fitness & bodybuilders enthusiasts and more. The ingredients work synergistically to improve brain function and pose little to no side effects in the long run.
Adderall is a combination of two stimulants, amphetamine and dextroamphetamine, which boost levels of the neurotransmitters that control hyperactivity and impulse control. When taken by people who have ADHD, this stimulation in the brain caused by Adderall has a calming effect, allowing the person to concentrate on the task at hand and calm behaviour.
Similarly, Ritalin (methylphenidate) is also a central nervous system stimulant. It affects chemicals in the brain and nerves that contribute to hyperactivity and impulse control and is used for ADHD and by students and professionals for focus/motivation and other off-label uses in performance. The difference is Ritalin acts quicker and gets out of the system faster than Adderall.
Mind Lab Pro on the other hand is made up of ingredients like:
- Citicoline – Which has been shown in studies to help with neural regeneration, mental energy, and attention span.
- Phosphatidylserine – Proven in studies to help improve cognitive function in aging subjects.
- Vinpocetine – Which is an effective nootropic that increases cerebral circulation.
- Bacopa Monnieri – Supports retention of new knowledge, and enhances brain chemicals and circulation.
- And more…
Nootropic enthusiasts have also tested Mind Lab Pro with pretty surprisingly positive results.
- Enhanced focus
- Faster information processing
- Greater mental clarity
- Reduced stress & anxiety
- Greater stress resistance
- Improved memory recall and retention
- Brain cell protection
Mind Lab Pro ingredients
B6 – 2.5mg
B9 – 100mcg B12 – 7.5mcg
Citicoline – 250mg
Bacopa monnieri – 150mg
Lion’s Mane Mushroom – 500mg
Phosphatidylserine – 100mg
N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine – 175mg
L-Theanine – 100mg
Rhodiola rosea – 50mg
Maritime Pine Bark – 75mg
Mind Lab Pro is also recommended because of its two unique ingredients, not found in most other nootropic supplements.
Lion’s Mane Mushroom usage affects the release of Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) in the brain. NGF is amongst the most significant neurotrophic factors in the human brain. It has the potential to influence the growth, differentiation, maturation, and repair of neurons.
Higher NGF levels in the brain is to say your neurons are repairing faster, they’re growing (increasing in number), and they are maturing much more quickly.
Experts believe the long-term effects of having higher NGF levels might be beneficial to the brain's overall health. Scientific tests have found that repeated, regular supplementation with Lion’s Mane Mushroom significantly improves multiple aspects of cognitive function. Mind Lab Pro supplies 500mg of full spectrum Lion’s Mane extract.
It also has Rhodiola rosea, a natural anxiolytic. Rhodiola rosea is one of the finest natural substances for lowering anxiety and relieving the physical symptoms of stress. It gets the job done promptly, decreasing blood pressure, reducing muscle tension, and offering a calm, clear mind. When used in conjunction with other anxiolytics like Tyrosine or Ashwagandha, Rhodiola rosea’s efficiency is increased.
Rhodiola rosea usually works very well for everybody. It isn’t just effective in people suffering with severe anxiety – 50-150mg per day should help everybody.
2. Brain Pill
REVIEW: Brain Pill is without doubt the most comprehensive nootropic/smart pill on the market right now. It delivers an awesome combination of effective, powerful nootropics. Each ingredient has been thoroughly tested in clinical trials. Brain Pill enhances focus, memory function, increases learning capacity, reduces stress, promotes neurogenesis, and protects the brain from oxidative stress. This is total brain optimization.
- Better equips your brain with the ability to handle stress
- Helps you focus more
- Helps you minimize distractions
- Sharpens your memory
- Makes you a fast learner
The product, according to the manufacturer, has a simple mechanism. It is made from powerful natural ingredients. Almost all of them have been subjected to clinical trials. And experiments declare them to be effective brain-boosters. Following are the most important among them.
- Cognizin: A derivative of citicoline, Cognizin is perhaps the most effective natural brain booster. It raises the levels of dopamine, noradrenaline and acetylcholine neurotransmitters. These play a vital role in the smooth functioning of the brain. It also helps the proper functioning of neuronal cell membranes. As a result, the generation of energy in brain’s frontal lobe increases. Greater concentration, expanded focusing ability, improved immediate and short-term verbal memory, improved memory and the ability to respond faster follow suit.
- Phosphatidylserine: Phosphatidylserine is a chemical that plays a key role in maintaining cellular function in the brain. PS is proven to improve attention, language skills and memory… even in older folks with declining cognitive abilities. It’s also been tested and shown to help adolescents with attention problems. That’s why Brain Pill includes this attention and focus enhancer in their unique nootropic blend.
- Vinpocetine: For the brain to function properly, it should have increased blood circulation. It should also be able to flush out toxins and get the nutrients it needs on time. Did you know that vinpocetine is so powerful that it’s only available as a prescription drug in Germany? Vinpocetine increases blood flow to the brain… improving memory and thinking skills. It’s been clinically used in several countries for more than 30 years… with an absolute impeccable track record for being one of the safest cognitive enhancers available.
Synapsa: This, according to experts, improves the brain’s ability to process information.
Huperzia Serrata: It helps your brain to perform well under pressure.
Ginkgo Biloba: This is an ingredient popular among brain supplement manufacturers. It boosts your blood flow to brain & cognitive performance & thereby intelligence.
Combine all these with the substances like vitamin D. The supplement is a must-have in your diet for boosting focus and mental performance.
3. Qualia Mind
Review: Qualia Mind is a top of the line, premium quality nootropic supplement that has comprehensive formulation. Neurohacker Collective have done wonderfully here. If you’re looking to buy fast-acting nootropic product to enhance focus, information processing, and mental energy, as well as a product that boosts overall brain health with long term use, this nootropic & brain supplement is a great option.
This product is also recommended for older individuals who are suffering from age related memory decline or conditions like Alzheimer’s disease, and even to victims of stroke or traumatic brain injury. Keep in mind that the product is not intended to treat or cure any medical condition.
More specifically, Qualia Mind claims to do the following:
- Lift brain fog
- Boost concentration and focus
- Increase energy levels
- Increase “brain nutrition”
- Promote mental clarity
- Amplify drive & productivity
Clearly Qualia Mind is a nootropic focused on improving immediate, short-term executive mental functions, quick improvements in concentration, alertness and mental stamina. When combined with their product Qualia Life, it seems to even provide benefits for long-term brain health, neuroplasticity, or protecting against cognitive decline.
Qualia Mind and Qualia Performance Bundle are definitely one of the most advanced and comprehensive mental performance products available. Its fast-acting formula is designed to fuel cognition while supporting long-term brain health. Qualia Mind was made to help you focus better, decrease procrastination, and have more energy. For most, benefits can be felt in as soon as 40 minutes, delivering calm energized focus all day.
How Qualia Mind works:
- May Enhance BDNF (Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor)
- Supports Neuron & Synaptic Function
- Supports Prefrontal Cortex Activity
- Supports Neurotransmitter Signaling
- Enhances Stress Resilience
Even so, Qualia Mind is not totally side-effect free. Each daily serving does provide around 90mg of caffeine and caffeine comes with side effects like jitters, insomnia etc. If you are very sensitive to caffeine – or you happen to be working with various other stimulants at the same time – you should think about using the caffeine-free version of Qualia brain health supplement.
4. Bulk Supplements’ Brain Supplements
Brain Supplements & Nootropics from BulkSupplements.com provide incredible value for money.
While BulkSupplements.com is an established supplement retailer that offers a wide range of supplements (not just Ritalin alternatives) at an affordable price, every manufacturer has its ups and downs
Few Nootropics/smart brain supplements from BulkSupplements.com that you must try:-
L-Theanine: As a nootropic (a cognitive enhancer and 100% legal) — L-theanine may help strengthen cognitive function. However, it’s most distinctive benefit is its ability to reduce mental fatigue and stress in humans. By itself, l-theanine is effective nootropic. However, when coupled with caffeine…there’s a pronounced synergistic effect. This means you would encounter heightened focus, awareness, and energy, as well as reduced stress and improved mental endurance to even higher levels.
Lions Mane: Lion’s Mane Mushroom usage affects the release of Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) in the brain. NGF is amongst the most significant neurotrophic factors in the human brain. It has the potential to influence the growth, differentiation, maturation, and repair of neurons.
Phenylethylamine: Phenylethylamine enhances working memory, executive function, creative flow states, stress reduction, better mood, anti-anxiety and lessens symptoms of ADHD. It helps-
Anxiety & Depression. PEA triggers TAAR1 and TAAR2 receptors which in turn stops the uptake and increases the release of the ‘feel-good’ neurotransmitters- serotonin and dopamine.
Neuroprotector. Monoamine oxidase suppresses the catecholamines like dopamine and norepinephrine. Reductions in dopamine levels are suggested as a factor in diseases like Parkinson’s. PEA helps boost dopamine and norepinephrine levels. Reducing the symptoms of neurodegenerative diseases.
Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD). PEA stops the reuptake of dopamine and norepinephrine and inhibits their transport. Like the process of action provided by ADHD stimulant meds, people have found supplementing with PEA as a nootropic has decreased the symptoms of ADHD.
REVIEW: Noocube is a “synergistic combination of nootropics which helps support and enhance your focus, mental speed and memory”. Noocube is supposed to offer all of the “essential building blocks for a healthy, well-functioning brain”.
Noocube is a kind of enhanced version of Alpha Brain. It is made up of a lot of the same ingredients; the difference is, Noocube essentially discloses the ingredient serving sizes rather than hiding behind proprietary blends.
When it comes to performance, we believe Noocube will strengthen short-term memory function and reduce performance-anxiety. Most buyers will see an upsurge in learning capacity after about 8 weeks.
L-Tyrosine, 250 mg
Cat’s Claw, 175 mg
Bacopa Monnieri Extract, 250 mg
Alpha GPC, 50 mg
L-Theanine, 100 mg
Huperzia Serrata (0,5 % Huperzine-A), 20 mg
Oat Straw Extract, 150 mg
Resveratrol, 14.3 mg
Pterostilbene, 140 mcg
It offers a decent dose of Bacopa monnieri, a good amount of Tyrosine, and some antioxidants. Jointly, these ingredients can decrease anxiety, enhance focus, and significantly improve memory function over the long-term.
The product seems to be weak on focus and short-term brain power though– and just 50mg of Alpha-GPC is kind of expensive for this price.